Tuesday, July 30, 2019

BioLum Birding Night Kayak


This was special. Our count for the July 31st night birding bio luminescent kayak trip dropped from 8 to only 3. While talking with Tom about the low number, he didn't seem overly concerned because we were probably going to get rained out anyway. He said it was such a shame since the last few days have been the best BioLum he's seen in years with all three luminescent organisms making light lately. I'm looking out the window pouting because it was a perfect day to be on the water and make an off-handed comment, "I wish we could go today." Tom said he could do it if we could.

I LOVE LIVING IN PARADISE WITH SO MANY GREAT FRIENDS.

I got on the phone and with approximately 2.5 hours notice, all 3 of us who had paid were able to go. Thank you Karen and Jane for joining me (Ruth).

We even got a show of lightning for our 4th light source of the night. Videos of the beautiful sunset and all the birds are available on Facebook.













































I forgot to start this until about half way. We were out for 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment